Please sign up to be the first to hear about our promotions, vintage decor and sparking new jewellery!
The jug depicts a monk taste-testing his liqueur making skills on one side and bottles being filled from a barrel on the reverse. The silver topped cork stopper is attached to the jug by a silver chain, insuring that the two will not be separated. Lenox was founded in 1889 by Walter Scott Lenox as Lenox’s Ceramic Art Company in Trenton, New Jersey. The porcelain body of the jug has the Lenox trademark that was in use 1896-1906. The Art Nouveau styled silver mounts are trademarked Gorham 999/1000 Fine, almost pure silver, as opposed to sterling silver which is 925/1000. There is a detailed monogram engraved in Script; probably “AHCC”.
6” (15.2cm) by 4 1/4” (10.8cm), 6 1/4” (15.9cm) high.
284 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V1J2Contact | 416.260.9057 / 1.855.260.9057