Victorian Mother of Pearl handled silver plate fish servers, circa 1890-1893.
The substantially weighted handles are mother of pearl, connected by a silver ferrule to the ornately chased silver plate knife blade and fork tines. The servers were made by Allen & Darwin (Charles James Allen & Sidney Darwin) of Birmingham, England. Trademark stamped: A & D S and an hourglass symbol, the style of logo that was used circa 1879-1893. The servers are further marked on the ferrules with the English registration number 143384, dating the design to 1890.
The servers are in the original presentation box.
The fork is 9” (22.9cm) long.
The knife is 11 5/8” (29.5cm) long.
The box is 13 7/8” (35.2cm) by 4 5/8” (11.7cm), 1 1/2” (3.9cm) high.