Victorian era Mother of Pearl handled fish servers, circa 1880s.
The uniquely carved handles are mother of pearl, connected by a silver ferrule to the ornately chased silver plate knife blade and fork tines. The silver end caps have the English design registration date symbol for January 17, 1883. The servers were made by Joseph Elliott & Sons of Sheffield, England.
The uniquely engraved design includes a squirrel, multiple acorns and blooming flowers on the pierced blade and fork tines.
The fork is 8 7/8” (22.5cm) long.
The knife is 12 5/8” (32cm) long.
The box is 14 1/2” (36.8cm) by 4 5/8” (11.7cm), 1 1/2” (3.8cm) high.