Edwardian sterling silver framed mirror, hallmarked for Birmingham 1904, by the silversmith Henry Matthews of Vittoria Street, Birmingham.
The frame is ornately detailed in a 2” wide band of S and C scrolls in the form of vines and leaves, embedded with repeating floral blooms.
The silver is in excellent condition, on a reconditioned dark blue velvet back. There is minor discolouration in spots to the beveled edge mirror’s silvering.
The original presentation engraving is intact:
20 1/2” (52cm) high, 14” (35.5cm) wide.