Please sign up to be the first to hear about our promotions, vintage decor and sparking new jewellery!
Clear and frosted glass hood ornament sculpture, marked made in Czechoslovakia, circa 1950s.
H.G.Ascher Co. of Manchester, England started importing glass car mascots into the UK under the name of Red-Ashay in 1928. The majority of these mascots were designed by Heinrich Hoffmann and produced by Stepanak & Alsoner Glassworks in Czechoslovakia. Post WW2 Ascher converted some of the designs into decorative sculptures by adding a base, such as this model.
5 1/2” by 3 1/8”, 8” high.
284 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V1J2Contact | 416.260.9057 / 1.855.260.9057